Bayer Leverkusen star hospitalised after horror crash with lorry leaving £170k of damages | Football | Sport




Bayer Leverkusen star Victor Boniface was hospitalised after a horror crash with a lorry on Sunday morning. The collision between the Mercedes car in which Boniface was a passenger and the lorry is claimed to have caused £167,000 worth of damage.

Boniface shared pictures of the damaged car after the incident. The right side of the vehicle was wrecked and his hand was covered in blood. A caption on the Instagram story read: "God is the greatest."

He then posted a photo of himself in a hospital bed with the caption: "Thank you Lord."

Boniface was taken to hospital following the collision. German publication Bild claims that the striker was left with only minor hand injuries. The condition of any other people involved in the smash, if any, is unknown.

The publication adds that Boniface was a passenger in the car. He was on his way to pick up friends from Frankfurt airport when the collision happened at around 7am on Sunday morning.

Police say that the crash happened because the driver of the Mercedes car lost control due to tiredness. It is said that the car overturned after impact with the lorry.

Boniface scored in Leverkusen's 2-1 Bundesliga victory over Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday night. The club's victory elevated them into fourth in the top-tier of German football.

The car crash comes days after Boniface and his Nigeria team-mates were left stranded in a Libyan airport after boycotting a match against their hosts.

Reports in Africa claim that the squad’s flight had been headed to the city of Benghazi. However, it was diverted to the Al-Abraq Airport by the Libyan government, with the squad claimed to have been prevented from leaving the airport.

A statement provided by the Nigerian Football Federation said: “The delegation of Nigeria to Tuesday’s 2025 AFCON qualifier against Libya still remained at the Al-Abraq Airport 12 hours after landing in Libya.

“The chartered ValueJet aircraft was, strangely and in a dangerous manner, diverted to the small airport away from Benghazi just as the pilot was completing his approach to the Benghazi Airport. We understand the Al-Abraq International Airport is only used for hajj operations.

“Fatigued players and officials have remained nonplussed as the host Libyan Football Federation failed to send any reception team or even vehicles to take the delegation members from the airport to their hotel, said to be three hours away in Benghazi.”



Source link

Posted: 2024-10-20 16:14:55

Shaun Murphy's actions in Masters final dug out as Kyren Wilson 'livid' | Other | Sport
 



... Read More

Boiler expert shares the 'perfect temperature' your home should be to avoid frozen pipes
 



... Read More

Andy Murray vows to 'sabotage' Novak Djokovic's title charge in front of Alexander Zverev | Tennis | Sport
 



... Read More

Trump administration 'greenlights' Mandelson as UK ambassador to US | Politics | News
 



... Read More

Three people charged in connection with Liam Payne’s death in Argentina | Liam Payne
 



... Read More

Keira Knightley confesses Love Actually cue cards “creepy” when she was just 17 | Films | Entertainment
 



... Read More

Rory McIlroy tears up in emotional interview after winning DP World Tour Championship | Golf | Sport
 



... Read More

Robbie Williams resale tickets and how to buy them for 2025 UK tour | Music | Entertainment
 



... Read More